Manages and directs the execution of sales plans and initiatives for a $50-100M+ wholesale business across several customers. Focuses on enhancing business relationships and driving repeat business for two main activities in direction of Mass and Drugstore retailers, which are: Creation, development, manufacturing and Marketing of Beauty Brands (Exclusive Brands), Design, development and Manufacturing of custom made products (Private Label).
Generates profitable growth for the Company in expanding business within existing Mass Market Customers. Fosters high end and sophisticated strategic relationships at GMM and DMM level and above.
- Develops annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales strategies and practices.
- Ensures customer communications are coordinated and in support of sales plan objectives.
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Implements approved distribution strategies.
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies, including export accounts, and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with CMO.
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reporting to this position are:
- Key Account Managers
- Trade Services Managers
- Director of Sales, Mass and key accounts
- Ultimate responsibility for a team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Have a passion for beauty
- Must have at least 10+ years’ experience working with nationwide brands in mass retailers, drug stores and/or grocery stores.
- Confirmed experience in beauty environment *mandatory*
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast moving environment.
- Strong capabilities in New Business Development
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Sales and service systems development and deployment.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning.
- Employee training and development.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Experience managing high performance teams.
- Team player.