New York, NY
Founded in 1997, Maesa provides innovative, high quality exclusive beauty products, driving value and differentiation for retailers and brand owners. Maesa operates three categories of business – exclusive brands for mass and drug retailers, private label for specialty retailers and outsourcing for beauty brands. Maesa partners with over 80 global customers such as Elizabeth Arden, L’Oreal, Parlux, Pottery Barn, Ralph Lauren, Sally Beauty, Target, Banana Republic, The Body Shop, Ulta, Walmart, and Zara. Launching over 3,000 proprietary products a year, Maesa delivers proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Vienna, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Dongguan, Maesa employs over 250 team members worldwide with over 110 employees in the US.
Maesa is looking for an Sales Assistant to work closely with the SVP and Sales team. This individual will assist in the execution of sales plans and initiatives for business across specialty retail customers and brand customers; focuses on enhancing business relationships and driving repeat business for this category of customer.
- Working closely with SVP of Sales and team, supports the annual sales plan within the organizational strategy and objectives
- Assists with implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Ensures communications are coordinated and support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with CMO
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including managing messenger/fed ex/ reports as requested and other sundry duties
- Work closely with Marketing/Planning/Operations to ensure optimum customer service
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Have a passion for beauty
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast moving environment
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field
- Planning: an ability to think ahead
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High performance teams and a strong team player
- Commitment to company values