Director of Production Planning
New York, New York
Founded in 1997, Maesa provides innovative, high quality exclusive beauty products, driving value and differentiation for retailers and brand owners. Maesa operates three categories of business – exclusive brands for mass and drug retailers, private label for specialty retailers and outsourcing for beauty brands. Maesa partners with over 80 global customers such as Elizabeth Arden, L’Oreal, Parlux, Ralph Lauren, Sally Beauty, Target, Banana Republic, Ulta, Walmart, Dollar General, New York & Company, Aeropostale and Zara. Launching over 3,000 proprietary products a year, Maesa delivers proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Vienna, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Dongguan, Maesa employs over 250 team members worldwide with over 130 employees in the US.
In line with the MAESA policy, continuously improve the service performance of MAESA USA by managing the replenishment orders manufacturing and delivery, improving supply-chain processes in order to drive value for our customers, to surpass the competitors and make supply-chain a vector for the business development and profitability growth.
- Manage all flows of components and finished products from vendors to 3PL DC
- Responsible for efficient replenishment PO processing
- Develop direct relationships with domestic vendors, 3PL, and MAESA China
- Manage and accountable for scheduling optimization and delivery On Time in full
- Responsible for improving MAESA USA supply-chain processes and system
FORECASTING & ORDER PROCESSING:
- Review customers’ forecast and orders with sales teams vs contracts, leadtimes MOQ and capacity
- Propose adjustments and acknowledge POs to sales and customers accordingly
- Accountable for Placing POs in MAESA system and issuing orders to vendors
- Accountable for orders data accuracy and PO process efficiency in order to ship and deliver on time in full
MANUFACTURING & INVENTORIES:
- Monitor manufacturing at vendors (Asia, US, Europe) and solve issues (scheduling, quantities…) in order to stick to original deliveries’ commitments.
- Manage inventories’ levels to avoid Out Of Stock situation and minimize the risk of aging or write off
COST EFFECTIVENESS & CASH:
- Place POs and organize call off that would optimize shipping schedule (Minimum shipping quantities).
- Define the exact level of stocks in Asia, at US vendors and in DCs in order to optimize the service vs costs
- Define efficient supply flows in a cost effective balance between vendors and MAESA (delegating to vendors the supply of non core value items….)
- Insure replenishment margins continuously match with budgets agreed during development
PROCESS & SYSTEM MANAGEMENT:
- Take the ownership of door to door supply-chain process; propose and implement improvement in coordination with the other company stakeholders (sales, logistic, china team…)
- Implement KPis that will allow to monitor the supply-chain and service performance (OTIF; DIO…)
- Identify and propose ERP improvement and lead with IT team, the system upgrades
- When relevant, develop the relationship with counterparts at customers; attend the main customer meetings, and manage action plan in order to fulfill customers’ requirements
- Negotiate with customers, collect facts and data in order to defend MAESA positions in a fair manner and sort out responsibility in case of dispute
MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATION:
- Assess, train, manage performance of the team
- Develop the team ownership, leadership and proactivity
- APICS certification or equivalent.
- Must have experience in cosmetics.
- Minimum of 10 years’ or above supply-chain management (senior manager or director level).
- ERP upgrade or implementation experience.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate and able to work alone or within a team under own initiative.
- Fluent in English; French and/or Chinese would be a +